Friday 31 October 2014

Blendabilities Ornament

It's been a while between postings this month but I have still been doing plenty of creative work. Classes and workshops, plus preparations for our annual couple of months at the Old Bus Depot Markets here in Canberra, have kept me busy. Plus I've been renovating my office at home - a very slow process that should be finished by next week. 

I am so in love with Blendabilities by Stampin' Up! 

They have many benefits, no matter what your experience or expertise at colouring. 
For example, the colour goes on smoothly and you can add layer after layer of colour without the surface of the card stock being effected.
You get 3 different shades of the one colour so blending is simplified.
You can create different effects by referring to Art Movements such as Pointilism
and 
you can work on a variety of different surfaces. 

Here is a card I made using the Christmas Bauble stamp by Stampin' Up! It is great for colouring and gives plenty of room to practice your shading techniques.


I used the Night of Navy set of Blendabilities for the colouring and punched out the centre of another image and raised it up with dimensionals. I also used the Silver Dazzling Details for highlights and a bit of glitter. This can be seen more easily in the next photo. 
The entire image is hand cut and adhered over a silver embossed sunray image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set - also by Stampin' Up!


I've tried this image in a number of different colours but I think the blue is my favourite. 

If you would like further information or if you would like to order the products used, you may do so on my Demonstrator Business Website


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.