Wednesday 18 January 2017

Colourful Carousel Birthday

The Carousel Birthday stamp set from Stampin' Up! has such pretty images that are finely detailed, and stamp beautifully onto the cardstock. 

Today's class did a colourful version of the card and we started by white embossing the carousel image onto Whisper White card. It would make a nice effect to use either water colour paper or Shimmery White for the base too.

We made a colourful background using Classic inks and the Aqua Painter, laying the colour over the top of the embossed carousel. 


We used Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Bermuda Bay inks,and had to be careful not to get the paper too wet. 
We stamped the horse in Rich Razzleberry, fussy cut it out and painted in details and a little shading, before adhering to the card base with dimensionals.


The finished card has a greeting from the Carousel Birthday stamp set, plus some flags from the Celebrate Today stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. I love how you can straighten out the swag of the flag when using photopolymer stamps.  These flags were hand coloured using the Stampin Write Markers so we could get multi colours at the one time. 

A few stars were added (cut from the Confetti Stars Border Punch) and then Clear Wink of Stella was applied to the stars, the flags and parts of the horse.

This was a fun card to make and I think I will keep it for my littlest grand daughter who turns 1 in a couple of weeks. 

Best Wishes and Happy Stamping



Do you like what you see and think you'd like to earn some extra income from stamping? 

If you are looking for a hobby, a part or full time job, working from home and at your own pace, AND you love craft, then you should consider doing what I do. It is fun and rewarding.

  See more information on my website or contact me with questions you may have.  If you would like to purchase any of the supplies for this card you can do so at my On-Line Store.  

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/Default.aspx




1 comment:

  1. You did a stunning job with this card and love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.