Saturday 18 March 2017

This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Papers - Card with Poinsettia.

Poinsettias are great for Australian Christmas cards and this older stamp goes really well with the "This Christmas" Specialty Designer Series Paper Pack.

The paper is a little lighter in weight  than most of the DSP packs, but you get 24 sheets, 4 each of 6 double sided designs. This gives you heaps of options for card fronts, and I've chosen 2 of them to go with my water-coloured Poinsettias.


The first card uses a Black and White patterned paper that contrasts well with the red poinsettia.
I used an Aqua Painter to colour the image, after stamping in Memento Black, and then lightly sponged the edges of the petals with Memento to add some definition.

The Poinsettia is fussy cut in one layer and made to look 3-D through colouring. I've used one of the new Lace Doilies  that is part of the Falling In Love Suite in the current Occasions Catalogue. These doilies are so versatile with one side being White and the other Vanilla.


The centre of the flower is coloured with a Gold Wink Of Stella.

The second card has a little extra added, by creating some leaves and adhering them behind the petals of the flower. The leaves are actually the larger petals of the flower coloured green instead of red.  I also added a little gold thread behind the flower.




Sale A Bration is drawing to a close (less than 2 weeks) so don't miss out on the fabulous opportunity to join Stampin' Up! during Sale-A-Bration. You get all the benefits of being a member of the SU family plus during SAB you can choose 2 additional free stamp sets of your choice. Depending on your choice this can be well over $100 of stamps for free and that is in addition to all the heavily discounted items you choose for your Starter Kit. That means potentially over $400 worth for just $169.
Do you like what you see and think you'd like to earn some extra income from stamping?  
If you are looking for a hobby, a part or full time job, working from home and at your own pace, AND you love craft, then you should consider doing what I do. It is fun and rewarding.
  See more information on my website or contact me with questions you may have. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann-I love this type of card!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.