Friday 3 November 2017

Hearts Come Home For Christmas

I love the simplicity of the Hearts Come Home stamp set by Stampin Up! Add to that a fantastic set of dies named Hometown Greetings Edgelits Dies and you are set to make a whole range of lovely cards. 

My featured card today is one that I created for my Card Buffet held in October and it uses a couple of the stamps from the Hearts Come Home set, the Stitched Edge Framelits and the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Embossing Folder (p. 211 of the Annual Catalogue) 


I wanted to keep this as a clean and simple card - a little bit folksy, as  these images remind me  of Folk Art. 
I simply stamped the house twice: once in Real Red and once in Marina Mist, then cut the roof off the Marina Mist image and raised it on Mini Dimensionals. The trees are stamped with  Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz inks from Stampin' Up! and the stars are Crushed Curry.



Notice the little red bow. That is a cute technique that Shelly Gardner taught us at a presentation on the Thailand Achievers Trip this year. The ribbon is the Real Red 1/8" Solid Ribbon (p. 29 Holiday Catalogue) and it crinkles up like this if you heat it with the Heat Tool used for heat embossing. Give it a try it is really fun to see it shrink and crinkle!

Here is a list of the products I used for this card. Remember you can make a wide variety of cards with these products, especially if you purchase the bundle (saving yourself 10%) and combine it with other items you may already have. 

A quick hint with the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Embossing Folder. It is called "Dynamic" because it is extra thick and gives very detailed impressions. You only need to use one cutting mat with these folders, and that should go on top of the embossing folder. Check out the instructions and visual on p. 211 of the Annual Catalogue.

As this post is published I will be in the final preparations for a trip to the home of Stampin' Up! - Salt Lake City Utah. I'm looking forward to meeting up with other international demonstrators and attending the festivities that will be the start of 30 Year Celebrations for Stampin' Up! What a wonderful milestone in the crafting industry - such a great company to work with. 

Do you like what you see and think you'd like to earn some extra income from stamping?  
If you are looking for a hobby, a part or full time job, working from home and at your own pace, AND you love craft, then you should consider doing what I do. It is fun and rewarding.
  See more information on  my website or contact me with questions you may have. 
Until next time
Happy Crafting
 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.