Saturday 18 August 2018

Stampin Up Alaska Cruise Swaps

What a fun time I had on the Stampin' Up! Alaska cruise  a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome to share this trip with my husband and some lovely friends who are fellow demonstrators. As you can see from the photo - the weather was perfect.


This year, my swaps were very last minute, but I thought I'd share them and the technique I used. 

It is the basic technique of MASKING. 
I've been using this technique a lot lately in a variety of ways - it is such a useful technique in helping you achieve depth and interest in your card making.

I used one of Stampin' Up's! Distinktive Stamps from the Healing Hugs stamp set. These Distinktive stamps create different opacities in a single stamped image for realistic depth and intensity. 

 And here is the stamping on the card I made:


  I've stamped the main image 3 times, starting with the darkest (full ink strength) then masking, stamping off and repeating for the 3rd flower.


 You can see the build up of the masks, and note that the mask is placed inside the edge of the stamped image. This is done to ensure the next stamp positions closely to the original. 

The process is repeated when adding the leaves.


 I can't believe that I didn't photograph the complete card but you can see it amongst the other swaps on one of the swap boards at Base Camp on the ship. 

Can you spot it on the board?
I used some stamps from other sets as well - the background texture is from Artisan Textures, and the greeting is from the Blended Seasons stamp set that is an exclusive set only available during August. 
Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of sharing more often..
Until next time
Happy Stamping!


If you would like to order any of the products I used you can order on-line at my store



Product List

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing trip it was! To do it with you was a huge blessing! Thanks so much for your friendship, encouragement and support. I love your card - you used some of my favourite colours x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.