Monday 22 April 2019

Free As A Bird

What can I say? 
It was love at first sight of this new stamp set from the Stampin' Up! 2019-2020 catalogue. 
My favourite technique is water colouring stamped images and the images in the Free As A Bird Bundle are perfect.

I could see in my head an image of these lovely birds on fabric, so instantly remembered the fabulous Subtle Embossing Folder.

The first effort was on water colour paper, and although I love to work with this type of paper it did not give me the effect of fabric that I was looking for.



The Subtle Embossing folder was a little too subtle when combined with the texture of the w/c paper. It was so easy to colour this image using an Aqua Painter and classic ink from the lids of the Stampin' Up! ink pad. 

I wanted something earthy as my finished product, so decided to try stamping on Crumb Cake card stock. Painting on this is a little more difficult but I'm happy with the effects achieved using Rococco Rose, Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso inks. 


And look at that texture! To assist the paper a little, I spritzed alcohol on the back of the image prior to running it through the Big Shot with the Subtle Embossing folder. It gave me exactly the effect I was looking for. 


 To finish the card I used the Stitched Rectangle Framelits to cut out the image, a mat and the greeting. I also embossed some Very Vanilla card, crinkled the edges and added some Burlap ribbon and lace. It is all matted onto a Very Vanilla card base. 

The new catalogue is really wonderful with so many products to suit all levels of crafter. Let me know if you live in Australia, and would like a copy.

Until Next Time

Happy Crafting

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Anne. You wrote that you stamp the second one and painted on Crumb Cake. But it appears to very light the card stock behind looks like Soft Suede. Did you use the Aqua painter or Blender pen? They are very vintage looking. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shari, I did stamp on Crumb Cake using Archival Black ink. I much prefer an Aqua Painter to the Blender pen but did find it a little difficult to paint on the crumb Cake- it did not blend very well as the paper absorbed the water very quickly. Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  2. LOVE all your photos of these darling birds. GREAT coloring. Can't wait to order this set. It's my favorite from the new AC! Thanks for posting on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb.I had so much fun with this set.

      Delete
  3. I love the birdies Ann I especially like the subtle embossing folder you have used it makes the most interesting and beautiful surface to the card. I love the way you have coloured this as well. An all round wonderful effort. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kay. It was lots of fun doing this, and surprisingly quick to make a finished card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the effect of the Subtle EF on the Crumb Cake..I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful..One of the most elegant that I have seen with this stamp that I just love..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleopatra McCalebApril 10, 2020 10:38 am

    This is absolutely beautiful..One of the most elegant that I have seen with this stamp that I just love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.