Thursday 27 May 2021

Water-colour Technique with Meadow Dies

How gorgeous is this background?

 

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

I've always enjoyed water-colour techniques and with the current focus by many crafters on alcohol ink techniques, I thought I would try a similar style using Stampin' Up!® re-inkers and water.

In the new Annual Catalogue, you will see a lot of new and fabulous die sets. The Meadow Dies stood out to me straight away - I love flowers and nature and I could see lots of use for them. 


 

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

I used some of the Fluid 100 Water Color paper. Just lay down plenty of water with a large brush then dip a smaller brush into a drop of re-inker placed in a palette. This goes a long way so be very frugal with the amount of ink in your palette.

You will notice the ink spread. Repeat this with other colours until you are happy with your background. You may need to spritz with a little water if you are working in a heated room. You may also want to add more depth in the colour. Just add more ink from the tip of your brush. 

As the background dries off a little you can create more "lines" by dropping water onto the already inked areas.



                                                Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022
Originally I wanted to create these backgrounds with a silhouette image, but when I used the die to cut the image I found another card just waiting to be made from the cut out piece. What a bonus! 2 cards from one die cut and one background. 



  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my cards. If you would like further information feel free to contact me.

All the products I used are listed below and you can purchase them on-line via my website

You can also select the items listed below to be taken directly to my shop.

Have fun with this technique - the possibilities are endless. 



Product List

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.