Friday 15 October 2021

Water Colour Technique Tips - Hand Penned Stamps


 I'm back with some more water-colouring for you today. It seems I just can't get enough of it and I find colouring the Stampin' Up!® stamps a quick and relatively easy way to indulge my passion.

The Hand Penned Suite is a comprehensive suite grouping coordinated products that lend themselves to a variety of uses. Cards, scrap pages, ornaments, embellishments etc. 

I've used the stamps and dies for my cards today.


  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022 

You can see how the outlined images would lend themselves to painting.

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

Here are my tips for watercolour.

1. Always leave white spaces. 

This is probably the most difficult thing to do when you are starting out as we've been taught from early on to "colour in" the shapes.

2. Learn the different results by using wet on wet or wet on dry layers of colour.

Practice both techniques on scrap before you start your main project.

3. Work quickly and freely.

I have a video on my Youtube Channel if you would like to see these techniques demonstrated and explained more fully.

I used the 2020 - 2022 In Color classic inks for this project and backed the design with one of the patterns in the 2020 - 2022 In Color 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper Assortments. Item #155230.

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

Do you notice the cute little bee at the top of the greeting? That is one of the Bumblebee Trinkets.
I also tried this with the 2021 - 2023 In Colors using Fresh Freesia and Evening Evergreen as the base colours.


  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

You can add more interest to your cards by using dimensionals to raise some elements higher than others. You can also add ribbon, contrasting coloured mats, and of course you can change the layout of your card.
 

Thank you for looking and I hope you will give watercolouring a try. It is best done on watercolour paper. Stampin' Up!® has the Fluid 100 w/c paper, that you can order through my store.

If you wish to purchase any of the products I've used, I'd love you to go to my store where you will find everything you need.

Best Wishes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.