Wednesday 9 February 2022

Hearts/Love

 After a big break over the summer holidays here in Australia, I'm back participating in the Freshly Brewed Projects Blog Hops.


It's good to be back, getting some projects completed using some of the beautiful products from the January - June Mini Catalogue and combining them with some of my favourite techniques and other products.

The theme this month is Hearts/Love inspired by Valentines day. I don't really celebrate Valentines Day so my card can be used for any occasion where I want to send love to someone. 


 The hearts component on my card comes from the Sweet Conversations Bundle and the background and large flower are stamped using the large floral shape from Artistically Inked stamp set. The greeting is from the Pansy Patch stamp set.


 I created the background by spritzing some Shimmery White card stock before randomly stamping with Blushing Bride, Soft Succulent, Pool Party and Mango Melody. Some of the images are stamped full strength and others are stamped off to achieve lighter tones of the colour. While still damp I ran the background through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine. Having the card stock slightly damp gives more definition to the embossing folder design. 


  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

 Some of the hearts are raised on dimensionals and the large flower is loosely attached to the background.

This is an unusual palette of colours for me to use, but I quite like the end result. It's always fun to experiment. 

Please excuse the slightly wavy card. I stuck it down crooked using Fast Fuse, and could not stand it, so out came the heat gun ( a perfect tool to soften glue so you can un-stick items)  A little patience while heating from the back and the stamped area peeled off without a problem. 

 It's now time to see what the other ladies have created.


 

Follow the link and enjoy.... 


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Ann! I love how you used a stamp to make the background, and your choice of colors is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.