Wednesday 2 March 2022

Heat Embossing Backgrounds

 Heat Embossing is one of the most dramatic and fun techniques in stamping. 

I'm thrilled to participate in this weeks Freshly Brewed Projects Blog Hop that will show you some different ways to heat emboss. One of my favourite things to do is create interesting backgrounds with an embossing folder and heat embossing.

This is quite simple and gives some wonderfully creative results.

I started by dabbing Versamark ink to the inside of the Parisian Flourish 3D embossing folder. Because I wanted some options I did this twice, once on each surface of the inside of the folder so I could have both the positive and negative images embossed.

This is what I achieved after sprinkling with gold embossing powder and heating with the Heat Tool.


 You can see that the effect is quite different even though I've used the same folder. I decided to use the sample on the left for my card today. I'll keep the other one for another time!

Next, using the lovely soft Blending Brushes, I applied Mango Melody, Pool Party and Magenta Madness inks in that order, to the card. I love the variety of other colours that come by combining these colours, and I like to include a good strong yellow to liven up the other colours.

 


The completed card is highlighted with black card stock and black silhouettes cut with Natures Harvest Dies and the Stampin Cut & Emboss machine. The greeting is heat embossed with gold on black and is from the Artfully Layered stamp set. The card base is Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock. 

 

                                                 Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022 

 


 A quick reminder to those of you who love free product - Saleabration has another 2 weeks here in the South Pacific and you can choose free product from the brochure for qualifying orders.

See the products in the sidebar.

I hope you've enjoyed this alternate method of heat embossing and I'm sure my fellow demonstrators will have some lovely inspiration for you, so hop along using the link below.



Product List

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word ... I thought the pieces were gorgeous with the gold embossing but then you go and add colours ... simply gorgeous my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love this method so much as you never quite know how it will turn out. Those 3 colours are a great combination.

      Delete
  2. Love how you added the colour with the Blending Brushes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.