Wednesday 8 June 2011

Fabric and The Big Shot - Mini Albums



 I'm really enjoying exploring the many possibilities of using fabric with the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, and I have some examples of a couple of Mini Albums I made recently.

The first album is covered with Ivories Natural card stock that has been embossed with the Stampin' Up!® exclusive Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. I used the Spiral Border Punch along the LHS of the page so that the card covered the entire front of the Mini.



I put 6 layers of Calico in the Big Shot  and cut them out with the Flower Folds Bigz XL die. I found 8 layers ended up with the "score lines " cutting through so I had flowers with no petals!!!
This flower was adherred with a hot glue gun and the petals were scrunched individually to give a worn and rustic look to the finished project. 

Because I don't anticipate washing these flowers, I used Stampin' Up! Classic Ink (Always Artichoke) to stamp directly onto the calico. It gives a lovely soft image.

The "friends" tag is a rub on from some retired SU Rub Ons and the tag has been aged with sponging and some faux stitching. 


I popped a fabric embossed mini envelope on the front of the next album and use Rose Red as my stamped colour on the flower.  Not so much scrunching on this flower and the centre is highlighted with one of Stampin' Up!'s co ordinating buttons.


Hope you like them and,

Until Next time

Stay Crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.