Wednesday 8 June 2011

Scrapping Again.

I've had the best couple of days spending time with friends in my stamping room.

I have a couple of dear friends (hi Lorraine and Denise!) who come once a month for the whole day and we just craft away as we please. Lots of chatting and some wonderful creativity occur at these days. 

This week I was determined to create a scrap page from the scrap map I'd created for my scrap-booking classes and this is the result.

All products used on this page are from Stampin' Up!®


My favourite topic for scrapping - Tyler, my 3 year old grandson is such a dear little boy. We have lots of fun on our Mondays together and one of his favourite past times is getting the seeds from the Silver Birch trees and throwing them all over me. We used to do that as kids and after I showed him once, he decided that it was lots of fun to totally cover grandma with seeds.

The technique I've used was shown to us at Convention this year by Sharnee Torrents. 

I used this technique on some Christmas cards at my last regular Christmas Card Class and we all found it lots of fun for our scrap page this month too. 



 I took the rolled frame technique a little further this time, and crumpled the entire page prior to sponging the creases to create highlights. I stamped images from the French Foliage (p. 6 Autumn/Winter Mini) The leaves have been sponged and cut so I could layer them and create more texture.


What better embellishment to add for a little boy than loads of buttons? These buttons from Stampin' Up!® co ordinate so beautifully with the Papers and Inks, and tiny little Linen Thread knots complete the picture. 

Give this Rolled Frame technique a try. It's fun and has endless possibilities for creative expression.

Until next time,

Stay Crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.