Thursday 4 October 2012

October Scrap Map With Stampin' Up!

I really enjoy my Scrap Classes and this month the scrap map was a sketch for 3 or 4 photos. I love my Stampin' Up!® papers and because they are double sided it makes it very easy to coordinate patterns and colours. So for October I decided to focus on patterns and papers.

I hardly ever end up with a page that is true to the scrap map, but it is only there as a guide and for inspiration to the girls.

Here is my completed page! Yes I actually completed a page before the class. 


I had the pleasure of babysitting my 2 grandchildren while their parents went to a wedding (for 4 days) and with our current beautiful Spring weather I thought it would be good to get them outside for a while. The little one decided it was a great opportunity to explore!


This detail shows how a variety of patterns can be used in tones of the one colour. I picked out the colours of Kenzie's clothing and hat. The edging was created with Stampin' Up!'s SCALLOP TRIM BORDER PUNCH.  I also used the SCALLOP TRIM CORNER  punch to get a perfect corner.


The title is made using the new TYPESET ALPHABET BIGZ  die set that has been dry embossed with another new product from Stampin' Up! - the new Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - LACY BROCADE.  (You can find that on p. 6 of the HOLIDAY CATALOGUE )

Did you  notice the lovely edge under the "faux ribbon"? That is created with another new product from Stampin' Up! - the FINISHING TOUCHES EDGELITS.  I'm loving that one! 
The little heart is from the new FASHIONABLE HEARTS EMBOSSLITS  set- so time saving when you can cut and emboss at the same time, and the butterfly is punched with the new ELEGANT BUTTERFLY punch. 

There are so many gorgeous new products in the 2 current catalogues that you really must check them out.


I made the roses from 2 different sized SCALLOPED CIRCLE PUNCHES and love the fact that you can make any colour and sponge or spritz these little beauties to suit the colours and other embellishment on your pages.

If you'd like further information on any of the techniques or Stampin' Up! products used in this project, please contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website. I'm always happy to share information. 

That's all for tonight so,

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy,

1 comment:

  1. So this is my scrap map for Monday pretty...will get 3 photos ready! Have us 3 girls in our formal dresses pinks...perfect! Thanks Ann cheers Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.