Saturday 29 September 2012

Beautiful Season of Stampin' Up! Cards

As we draw closer to the beautiful season of Christmas, we are all thinking more about creating our Christmas cards. Stampin' Up! has released lots of new Christmas stamp sets in the new catalogues and in particular, the Holiday Catalogue is brimming with new stamps and accessories to make your creating so much easier this year. The Annual catalogue should not be overlooked though, because you'll find even more on offer in the front section of that. 

Today, I have a card made with the BEAUTIFUL SEASON stamp set (p. 20 of the Annual Catalogue) and I'll show you an easy way to step that card up from nice to WOW.

Here is the card in it's original design.


The colours I've used are not traditional - NOT QUITE NAVY  and PERFECT PLUM on VERY VANILLA CARD,  but I do like the effect. Of course you could create this card in many colour combinations and you'd get a different result every time. I also used the snowflake and postage image from a retired set - Winter Post. The background is stamped with a classic - EN FRANCAIS.

I loved the colours of this card and  the Stampin' Up! images are gorgeous, but there seemed to be something missing in the design of the card so I set it aside for a day or so and then realized the composition was not balanced.


This is where the easy part came in - I followed through with the postage theme and created 2 small stamps to balance the composition. I used the versatile Stampin' Up! POSTAGE STAMP punch and the coordinating 2.5cm SQUARE punch. A little sponging around the edges and they fit into the layout really well. 



And because it is a Christmas Card it just demanded a little bling! Nothing too obvious but just a little shimmer on the berries. That was achieved by using the 2-WAY GLUE PEN  and a sprinkle of  DAZZLING DIAMONDS GLITTER.  

The bird and leaves were coloured with a BLENDER PEN. 


If you would like further information on the products and techniques used to make this card you can contact me. I'm always happy to share and help you make Christmas a beautiful season.

 Until next time

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.