Sunday 26 April 2015

Work of Art and Summer Silhouettes Collage Stamping Card

After owning Summer Silhouettes for quite some time I have only just started to use it, and I now realise how versatile it is as a stamp set.

For today's card I have combined it with another favourite stamp set from Stampin' Up! - Work of Art.  And of course I had to add a little bit of Gorgeous Grange to balance out the design. I decided to use the Subtles colour range of Classic Inks for this card and chose Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette and Pool Party for the background. 




I love a bit of contrast in my cards, but this time I kept with the Subtle colours and opted for contrasting shapes in the background - the zig zag and leaf shapes, rather than contrasting colour. These shapes are stamped in Wisteria Wonder.

Black silhouettes would have been too stark on these soft colours so I stamped the flower silhouettes in Elegant Eggplant and I love the effect. The greeting is also stamped in Elegant Eggplant with soft leaf images that have been "stamped off" in Pool Party. The greeting is raised on Dimensionals and embellished with a button from the Soft Subtles range. Some White Bakers Twine tied into a bow finishes the effect I wanted.

To enhance the colour choices I placed this on a mat of Pool Party card stock then onto an Elegant Eggplant card base.


This was such a fun card to make and my Crafty Tuesday ladies enjoyed it a lot. Collage stamping is one of my many favourite techniques and I think the stamp sets Work of Art, Summer Silhouettes and Gorgeous Grunge combine beautifully.

Thanks for stopping by



Here is a list of Stampin' Up! products used for this card. You can order any of these product from my on-line store or contact me via my demonstrator website me with your requests.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.