Sunday 21 February 2016

Water Coloured Rose Wonder Birthday Card

Today I have a  birthday card using 2 of my favourite techniques: - water colouring & heat embossing.
 I used the Rose Wonder stamp set from Stampin' Up! and the lovely Shimmery White card stock  that is strong enough to water colour without distorting. 

I've kept things simple today as I'm just getting back into stamping after a 2 week break helping my daughter with her new baby. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to go interstate whenever I want, and to be able to share in my youngest daughter's joy. 

Here is the card.


The card base is Stampin' Up! Thick Whisper White. I use it for all my card bases now - it is a perfect weight to hold it's shape. Next I have an Always Artichoke mat then the embossed and painted layer of Shimmery White card stock.


I really enjoy the freedom of water colouring and love that it sometimes creeps outside the boundaries.  The flow of colour is so like some of the patterns seen in nature. 
I used Versa Mark ink and black embossing powder for the outline of the stamp, and Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Cherry Cobbler inks for the flower. The leaves are Old Olive, Always Artichoke and a splash of Cherry Cobbler.


I stamped the greeting inside the shape (both stamps are from the Rose Wonder set), and then cut the shape with a coordinating Thinlit from the Rose Garden Thinlits Dies set.

The Venetian Crochet Trim has been "dyed" using a Sponge Dauber and Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad. 

Below you will find a list of the products required to create this card. You are welcome to place an order via my on-line store where you can be eligible for the Hostess Rewards by using the ON LINE ORDER CODE  found at the top of the right side bar. (I randomly choose one on-line order each month to receive the rewards)

It is SALE-A-BRATION time - so a wonderful time to place orders and receive free products. Every $90 AUD spent enables you to choose 1 free item from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue. Your orders will be sent directly to your designated address. You can shop in the Weekly Deals, the Clearance Rack, the Annual Catalogue and the Occasions Catalogue (Simply select the image on the side bar to be taken to these catalogues)

Also if you have been thinking of how to earn extra income while having a wonderful crafty time, Sale-A-Bration is a great time to join Stampin' Up! You can choose an extra $60 of free product in your Starter Kit - a total of  $295.00 worth for just $169.00. Contact me via my Demonstrator website for more details. I would love you to join my team no matter where you reside in Australia.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.