Monday 22 February 2016

Water Color Wash Christmas Backgrounds

The Water Color Wash Background stamp is really versatile and I've been enjoying trying out some different effects on this stamp. 

Today I have some Christmas cards that we made at our first Christmas Stamp A Stack class for 2016 (yes we start early) and I love how they turned out. I used a retired stamp as I really wanted a silhouette in front of the background, but you could just as easily use the silhouette from "Every Blessing" from our current Annual Catalogue. 


 The background is achieved by swiping ink pads  across the stamp, starting with the lightest colour first. For this card I used Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum and Marina Mist. You might be able to see a little extra Plum at the base of the card. I like to keep the ink application quite "free"  and then the stamp is spritzed lightly with water.

I do not mount this stamp on a block, rather I simply press it onto the paper with my hand to achieve this effect. What do you think? 
The silhouette image is stamped in Elegant Eggplant, giving a more subtle effect.
In class we tried a lot of different colour combinations and some of them were gorgeous. I rather like this next combination - that of Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Marina Mist inks.


This time I spritzed the stamp a little more heavily to create this gorgeous stormy effect in the sky. The silhouette is stamped in Early Espresso,


Give this technique a try. You don't always have to mount a stamp on a block, particularly if you are trying to achieve creative effects. 

Below is a list of all the current products used - you can purchase them at my on-line store and that will enter you in to the current monthly Hostess Rewards draw. Find the code at the top of the Right hand side bar and check back to see if you are the winner. I will also email you if you win.
Sale-A-Bration continues until March 31 so you still have time to earn Free product simply by making a purchase. Every $90 you spend earns you something free from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue (select the image on the side bar to view what you could get.)

Happy stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.