Friday 3 September 2010

Red Black and White - Romantic or Cheeky?

I always love to use Black and White on cards, but recently I've been adding a bit of red. Now red is not my favourite colour, in fact I don't "do red", but I'm liking the way it helps evoke emotions in my cards, and it does give them a lift.

This card is a very simple card to make, but it has strong graphic characteristics. These little birds from "Cheep Talk" by Stampin' Up!® are so cute and they go very well with a simple black and white wheeled image. I used the Baroque Border Stampin' Around Wheel for the pattern at the base of the card.


I've also taken advantage of some of the great punches we have and used both the 3.5 and 3.2 cm square punches. Don't you love how they create a perfect little border? The scallop square punch creates a focal point and the small flowers are from the Boho Blossoms punch. I simply coloured the black center with a black Stampin Write Marker. You could also use any of  the flower dies from the Big Shot Accessories. Black narrow grosgrain completes the picture.

If you would like to order any of the products used in this card you can contact me and I'll place the order for you. It will be shipped directly to your home (Australian residents only please)  You are also welcome to attend any of my card making classes.You can see a full calendar on my Demonstrator Web Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.