Friday 3 September 2010

Vintage Made Easy

One of the super duper tools Stampin' Up!® supplies is the very versatile BIG SHOT.  I'm enjoying trying out all the dies and embossing folders and now that the new Idea Book and Catalogue has been released, we have lots more accessories to choose from.

One of the original dies - the Top Note - exclusive to Stampin' Up! - is perfect for making cards, either as the shape of the card or as part of the card layout. Today's card is based on a Vintage theme. I've used the gorgeous Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Friends 24/7 stamp set, Vanilla, Chocolate and Night of Navy card stock and Chocolate and Night of Navy ink. The flowers are "stamped off" to get different tones of the Navy and some Vintage brads complete the picture.


Ribbon, torn edges and sponging always help to create a Vintage look, so experiment with these techniques and have fun.

I couldn't stop using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder when I first purchased it, so here is another little project I made. This time I used the Fancy Favour Box die then embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper. I punched out the bird and branch with the 2-Step Bird Extra Large punch, dusted the edges with some ink, added flowers created with the Boho Blossoms punch, hand made a tag stamped with the (retired) En Francais background stamp. The rhinestone brad is actually clear but it picked up the colour of the jacket I had on when I took the photo. Oh well!


If you'd like more details you can post a comment or contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.