Sunday 2 January 2011

Tag in Neutrals

As part of our very first blog challenge over at "jac-inks" Challenge Blog, I designed this tag to fit in with the Colour Challenge of Neutrals plus one Colour.


The Neutrals I chose are from the Stampin' Up!® range, and include River Rock, Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla.

I'm really enjoying playing with some texture too, and of course the wonderful, sturdy Big Shot creates some great textures. I've covered a chipboard tag from an old SU On Board set with some Vanilla card stock that has been run through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I aged it a little by sponging the edges, first with River Rock, then Soft Suede.


Now you may not recognize this stamped image, because it is from one of 
Stampin' Up's SALE-A-BRATION  sets that are absolutely free from January 25th - March 31st, when you fulfill certain purchasing requirements. 

This is a super set - so versatile with 9 images that compliment each other. 

I stamped the images in Early Espresso and used a blender pen with old Olive (my chosen colour) Soft Suede and Espresso for the shading. The flower head has been lifted with some Dimensionals, as has the scrolled shape that I die cut one day with my friend Linda.
I used some thick Twill Tape and a little Olive Taffeta to display the greeting tag and tied some of the new ribbon from Stampin' Up! - 3.2mm Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.