Thursday 7 April 2011

Christmas Card Classes

This week I started my Christmas Card  Classes.  I'm finding it hard to fit in extra nights but love making cards so much, and I did want to be more organized when Christmas approaches this year.

We made 5 cards last night - 2 of 1 design and 3 of another. The ladies all worked diligently and everyone completed the cards in the allotted time, so I was pretty happy with that outcome. Usually I make things far too hard. 

I decided to focus on a couple of things this month: - 
using wide ribbon and making faux bows
using embossing folders for part of the card. 

Here are the results


This card uses Old Olive card stock and has a pre-inked embossing folder textured image as the main focus. We also created the snow flakes with the Big Shot and I used the Merry Details Sizzlits die for this. The gold paper is just some wrapping paper I bought for Christmas, and I found it works well folded in half when cutting so you can get mirror images of each shape. The snowflakes don't look any different, but the birds are useful facing both ways!


I swiped the ink pad on the embossing folder in a vertical motion to achieve the linear background behind the leaves. I really like this effect and find it fascinating the number of different "looks" that can be achieved depending on the application method of the ink to folder. 

The greeting was heat embossed with gold, then sponged with Old Olive and punched out using the lovely new Decorative Label Punch (you'll find this in the Autumn/Winter Mini along with loads of other fantastic new products from Stampin Up!®)

The next card is quite simple and striking - it uses quite a few Stampin' Up products - many of which can be found in the new Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue.


It is fantastic to see the Ornament Punch back on the market after quality issues have been sorted.  To achieve the textured bauble, simply dry emboss a piece of card then punch out the shape you want. And isn't the "Framed Tulips" Textured Embossing Folder gorgeous? I'm using it on all sorts of projects and I love, love, love it!
I then sprayed the bauble with shimmer mist made from our lovely Shimmer Paint, tied the Black 3.2 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon into a Faux Bow and then added some gold cord and a large half pearl.

If you'd like more information on my Christmas Card Classes you can contact me via my DBWS.
You may like to order card kits of some of the cards, or you may just want to enquire about the products - I will help if I can.

Well let's hope you are inspired to get started on your hand crafted Christmas Cards. I'd love to see them, so please feel welcome to leave a comment and link to your projects.

Until next time,

Stay Crafty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.