Friday 6 May 2011

Christmas Card Class - May 2011

I started regular Christmas Card classes last month - maybe, just maybe I'll be better organized by Christmas at the end of this year!  Well, I can always hope. 

I've been making my swaps for Convention that is to be held  in Melbourne next week, and am a little bit over "pretty" at present, so I was thinking something rustic might balance my senses a little. 

This is what I came up with.  Now that it is finished I can think of lots of different ways to slightly alter this card to make each of them unique, but for now I'll show you the original and explain some of the techniques I used to create it.


I really like this reindeer image, and you'll find me using it a lot. I also like to use the stamping off method to achieve multiple images. There's not much stamping on this card, just the reindeer and the tiny sentiment.

I ran some Craft card stock through the crimper and cut it out with one of the new Scalloped Squares Duo Bigz Die from the Autumn/Winter Mini. It's a terrific size! (This is the larger of the 2 squares on the die)


I used some of the very versatile Linen Thread to tie around the scalloped square and hung a tag from the Tiny Tags set. The motif is highlighted with a simple brad.

This was such a quick and easy card to make. The Big Shot takes care of all the dry embossing and the Die Cutting and then it's just a matter of adhering all the bits together.

Card stock used is Early Espresso and Craft and the ink is Classic Early Espresso.

Hope you like it.

If you'd like to join me in these regular classes, please contact me via my Demonstrator Business Web Site or phone me. I have a daytime and a night time class, both on the first Wednesday of the Month. 

Bookings are essential as card packs need to be prepared in advance.

Until next time,
Stay Crafty!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.