Tuesday 10 May 2011

jac-inks Challenge # 8 - Heat Embossing

As I frantically try to get ready for traveling interstate for our Stampin' Up! Convention, I realized I needed to post another challenge for jac-inks. 

We are scheduled for the TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE  

of HEAT EMBOSSING

and I'm very pleased that it is such an easy challenge. 

Here is my DT sample:



I used the Emboss Resist Technique where the main image is inked with Versa Mark then sprinkled with CLEAR EMBOSS POWDER. This is then heated to create a clear coating over whatever background/patterned paper you wish to show through the image. 



I did some dry embossing on the background DSP - just love that Square Lattice Embossing folder from Stampin' Up!



Create your own gorgeous flowers with 1"circle punches and the Little Leaves Sizzlits Die.




Add highlights with the White Gel Pen. I did this on the corner tabs as well as around the central image. You will also note some highlights on the stamped image too, if you look closely.

And here is the completed card: 
Colours used are : Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait and Elegant Eggplant.



Until next time

Stay Crafty!



1 comment:

  1. This looks so nice. I didn't get a close up look last night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.