Wednesday 14 September 2011

Accordian Box Card

What a wonderful day it is today, and I have a lovely project: an Accordian Box Card, just for you.

I've just received news of the birth of my first grand daughter, the sun is shining and I have internet access! What more could a girl ask for? Seriously though, we are thrilled that our second grand child has arrived safely and although I'm babysitting # 1 grandson, I am loving the fact that I can once again share some projects with you all.

The project for today is a cute idea that uses the fantastic new Stampin' Up!® set Creative Elements. Each of the Aussie Demonstrators who attended Convention this year, received a free set and I think it is one of the best from the new Idea Book and Catalogue

Have a look for yourself and contact me if you'd like to order any of the products. 




I made a little box out of Bravo Burgundy card stock, decorated it inside and out to create a cute little gift box/card. Imagine popping some sweets or jewellery inside as and added surprise. 
You can choose any dimensions to make the box - it depends on the finished size you require.

Card stock: Bravo Burgundy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla.

Inks : Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy

Accessories: Crochet Trim, Metallic Brads, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer,  Bone Folder, Clear-Mount Blocks: C and D.

Method: Stamp the flower image  3 times onto Vanilla card, so it can be layered. Cut  each layer a little smaller than the previous one, following the petals as a guide.

Stamp the flourish image onto Vanilla card using Night of Navy Classic Ink.
Sponge lightly around the edges with Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy Classic Ink. 

Layer this onto some Crumb Cake card and use the Mat Pack guide sheet and Paper Piercer to create the detail around the edge. 

Add brads and Crochet Trim before adhering to the top of the box. And don't forget to place a length of ribbon or crochet trim between this layer and the top of the box. This will act as a tie to keep the box closed.

Next comes the "surprise" bit:- decorating and creating the concertina interior of the box. 


Your measurements will be determined by the size of the box you created. Just make the finished strip a little smaller so it fits snuggly but not too tightly into the box.  

I used one length of A4 card stock.

Stamp the images before scoring and folding the strip of card. 

Measure and score from each end, so that each end will fit in-side the box. then measure half way between these 2 scores and score again. Use a Bone Folder to create folds : 2 Valley and 1 Mountain.
(Note: the two middle sections will probably be smaller than the two outside sections.)

Have fun with this section - cut out images and raise them, add a greeting etc. 

This project is inspired by a swap I received at Convention from fellow demonstrator: Kathy Faulkner.

Thanks for sharing Kathy. Love your idea!

Don't forget about the fabulous Stampin' Up!® Promo this month:

You can join me and get all your Stampin' Up! products at a 20% discount by taking advantage of the Special Mini Starter Kit for just $169.00, available only through to September 30th this month.

I'll be back soon with this month's scrap page


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.