Friday 7 October 2011

Christmas Scenes in Monotones

Christmas cards are high on the list for many card makers at this time of the year. 

I've been hosting Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stacks all through the year, so I and a few other stampers have a good supply of cards ready to go. There are still 2 more classes - the 1st Monday of the month - in both November and December, so if you would like to attend you are welcome to contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website to reserve your place in the class.

The October Stamp-A-Stack was a little different as I had a request to design a card using the Stampin' Up!stamp set,  LOVELY AS A TREE and to use the Sponging and Masking techniques. 6 cards made using that method would have taken way too long, so we did 3 cards using the STITCHED STOCKING stamp set and 3 different colours of this design.


The detail photos show how much depth can be achieved by careful placement of the masks.
Colours used are: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant - all Stampin' Up!® inks.


A slightly different scene is created by using the same mask but at different  angles. The choice of colour will create different effects too.


Dry embossing around the "frame" had to be done in 2 steps as the folder was not wide enough. A little sponging with the ink used on the scene helps to soften the stark white surround.


The Olive card has a little Soft Suede sponged onto areas of the cloud where I wanted to create more depth and helps make this version more Vintage.  

The scalloped frame is made using the SCALLOP CIRCLE BIGZ DIE and the BIG SHOT.  
The cards are 6 inches square finished size.

You can see a tutorial for this Masking and Sponging technique here. Why not have a go at this - it is fun.

Until next time

Stay Crafty!


1 comment:

  1. These are lovely Ann, perfectly simple but interesting and pretty :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.