Tuesday 22 November 2011

Stampin Up Designer Series Papers for Stamping A Stack of Cards

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted some of my Stampin' Up!® inspired  projects. Life gets so busy at times. However I have been doing some creating and today I'll show you the projects we did for the November Stamp A Stack class. I always end up giving my guests too much work to do in the allotted time, so this month I tried to minimize the stamping and get instant gratification with Designer Series Papers. 

I love the results and am very happy with the wonderful creations from this class. As usual the ladies put their own spin on their individual cards and you can see a few of their results further down in the post. 

I chose to use the delightful PAISLEY PETALS DSP as the basis for these cards. This pack offers so much variety and coordinates with so many of the wonderful Stampin' Up Classic Ink colours.

Here are my samples of the 1st card style:



I used 2 different papers on the top card cutting 2.5 cm up from the base. The "faux ribbon" is created by running a strip of snail along the join, then randomly folding another strip of patterned paper along the adhesive. The stamp is YOUNG VERMILLION  which is one of the single stamps available from Stampin' Up! plus I've used a retired stamp from A QUIET LIFE for the words, and the splotchy stamp from FRENCH FOLIAGE to add depth and interest on what was a plain white background.


The flower is created from my favourite of the BIG SHOT FLOWER DIES - FUN FLOWERS. Just 2 of the same shape cut and scrunched prior to being dusted with a sponge loaded with ink.

For our techniques we returned to the fascinating ROCK N ROLL, a little WATER COLOURING  with the AQUA PAINTERS  and of course the ever useful SPONGING.  We also added a little SPRITZING  with the STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS  and the SPRITZER TOOL.

And here is the second card - much simpler to create:-


Just a couple of card stock colours here: Pretty In Pink and Whisper White from Stampin' Up!  Other cards in the set used Rose Red and White and Wisteria Wonder and White. Texture varied depending on the choice of the creator and the image was stamped in EARLY ESPRESSO before being coloured with the AQUA PAINTER  and the ink that corresponded to the card colour..

The detail at the base is created with the EYELET BORDER PUNCH and you can see in the photo below that water colouring is a spontaneous technique that brings softness to your images.  It's nice to add a soft wash at the outer edge of the image to soften it's existence on the card.


And next I have a photo of some of the lovely crafters (all hard at work!) who regularly join me for STAMP A STACK  classes and then some of the completed cards. You can see the subtle varieties in each person's interpretation of the task - this is of constant inspiration to me and is always a joy to see as I love to inspire people to develop their own creativity, and I love to be inspired by others colour combinations, choice of textures etc.






If you live in the Canberra area and would like to join my classes - Stamp A Stacks are held once a month currently but will probably be extended to 2 nights next year - you are welcome to contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website

Until next time,

Stay Crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.