Friday 9 December 2011

Stampin Up Christmas Card Stamp A Stack Class December 2011

As the year winds down and Christmas approaches - probably a little faster than most of us would like - the cards at my Christmas Stamp A Stack classes are becoming a little easier. 

This month I decided Monotone was the way to go. With 11 participants booked in and a limited number of products, it seemed a better idea to keep to a simplified use of the products. I find it easier to share and stream line the card making process when there is a large number in the class. 

Here is the first card we made - 3 of these all in the same colour.



I just love the CHERRY COBBLER ink from Stampin Up  - this time I've teamed it with VERY VANILLA  card stock and a little DAZZLING DIAMONDS  glitter. 


The 1st detail shows how you can dress up a title or greeting by stamping partial images onto the shape. The main image is from Stampin' Up!'s MERRY AND TYPE stamp set (page 19 of the Idea Book & Catalogue) , and the snow flake images are from another SU set - CHRISTMAS PUNCH. (retired) The gorgeous greeting is from WELCOME CHRISTMAS. (p 22)

It's so easy to combine stamps from a variety of Stampin' Up!® sets and you know they will work together. That's just one of the many things I love about Stampin' Up! products


I used my AQUA PEN to drag a little of the Cherry Cobbler ink on the ornaments. It just helped to give a bit of 3-D to the project and of course, I cannot have Christmas without at least a little Bling. The 2WAY GLUE PEN  and DAZZLING DIAMONDS GLITTER  take care of that!

The 2nd card for the Stamp A Stack also uses monotones, and aims to create impact through the use of texture. When I think texture, I think BIG SHOT! Oh how I love that tool. 

I chose to give the class participants some variation by choosing 3 different colours: BRAVO BURGUNDY, SOFT SUEDE  and ELEGANT EGGPLANT.  I used this gorgeous Santa image from a retired set and put out a few different EMBOSSING FOLDERS so each person could inject their own personality into the cards.


The card relies on Texture and strong colour for its impact. I purposely kept it unadorned with embellishments so that each can be personalized (if desired) at a  later date.

The techniques used on this card are:
Tearing
Sponging
Pre-inked embossing folder
Stamping

That was our last Christmas card class for 2011. 
New classes will commence in February 2012 and if you would like to take part in the classes you can contact me via my Demonstrator Business Web Site
Classes are held the 1st Monday of each month: 7.15 pm
Contact me for prices and to reserve your position.

Until next time

Stay Crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.