Friday 9 December 2011

Stampin Up Papers Create Cute Gift Bags

At the end of the scrap class last night one of the girls asked me to remind her how to make these cute little DOUBLE POCKET BAGS. 

They are great fun and last night, took about 20 minutes to complete. I suppose that's because I had a person in mind who I would like to receive this bag, and I could locate the perfect DESIGNER SERIES PAPER  from Stampin' Up!®. Unfortunately it is now retired, but I have a little stash put away!


Don't you just love how the contrast side of the paper forms a lovely little edge to the top of the bag? The recipient of this bag is a music teacher, so I thought it quite appropriate. 

One of the reasons it was such a speedy project is that I had the embellishments pre-cut. I often run a couple of extra sheets through the BIG SHOT  and the black flower shapes (from BIGZ L DIE - FUN FLOWERS)  is a very useful one to have. 

The vanilla centre shape is punched from our new DOILY TRIPLE LAYER PUNCH and the ribbon handles are made with 1.6 cm BLACK SATIN RIBBON. 


The second layer of black petals has been embossed with the PERFECT POLKA DOT  embossing folder, and the flower is finished off with a BASIC JEWELS - self adhesive PEARL.

So it was a bit of a bonus last night - I nearly completed a page of my grand daughter Kenzie, I did complete a little bag and I had some wonderful creative company.

I plan on having a workshop early in the New Year where we will learn how to make these little bags. The class is suitable for young people too (over about 8 yrs) so talk to me about hosting a party for your friends and children or a more advanced workshop for adult crafters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.