Friday 24 February 2012

Card for Tyler - Birthday Pennant

Today is a very special day for one little boy in our family. It is Tyler's 4th Birthday and I made this card for him using the Petite Pennant Builder Punch, some lovely bright colours and a few stamps.

Today is my regular weekly "day" for looking after  him so I'll be able to document all the activities we do today. We have swimming classes, followed by a Baby Cino date (hopefully his mummy will join us) then home for his favourite lunch: his version of Tacos consisting of Taco shells, mashed avocado, grated cheese and sour cream. Then off to the park riding the new bike and hopefully back home for a rest getting ready for Birthday dinner out at a restaurant with 13 members of the family. Whew, I'm feeling exhausted already!

Tyler badly wanted a Scooby Doo for a gift, so I found one. Lucky I did as one of the first things he asked after showing me his new bike, was "Can I have my present now Grandma?" Gotta love the open honesty of children - they ask for what they want - it makes life so much easier. 

Next thing was "Can I please watch some cartoons?" He's not always allowed to do this, but as it's his birthday I told him he could be spoiled today.

Here he is cuddled up with Scooby watching the ABC cartoons.




I had lots of fun making this card for him. It is a concertina design with 4 surfaces.

Most of the card is made with block colours  and punches. On the front I've used:
  Build A  Cupcake Punch
6.4cm Circle Punch
6cm Scallop Circle Punch
Big Shot Simple Numbers Bigz Die
Big Shot Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheet
Fine Supernova Aqua Glitter
Beautiful Wings Embosslits die





The card is made from 2 x A4 sheets cut to create a 5 inch square finished card. They are joined behind the 3rd panel. 


Inside I let my imagination go with things that we often look for in the garden. The flags on the clothesline are made with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch. The clouds are from the 6cm Scallop Circle punch trimmed to create different sizes. Butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings and flowers are from the Boho Blossoms Punch. The poles are hand drawn and the stamped lettering for "Happy Birthday" is one of my favourite retired sets from Stampin' Up!®. The ants are from another retired set named "Bugs and Kisses".

Well, it's now night time and we've been to swimming class, had our Baby Cino date, had Tacos for lunch, taken the new bike for a ride to the park, built a cubby house out of the family room furniture, rugs and cushions and finally been out for dinner with 13 others. One tired little boy is now going to Nana's house for a sleepover.

No more creating for me tonight, but I will add a photo of the birthday popsical cake



Until Next Time

Stay Crafty


2 comments:

  1. Ann ... this is a masterpiece!!!! I bet he loved his card (almost as much as his scooby doo!) I love it, and given I've got lots of the supplies I'm hoping it will inspire me to make a card too. Ceshton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to thank you for this phenomenal read!! I unquestionably adored each and every piece of it. I have you bookmarked your site to look at the new stuff you post. birthday greeting cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.