Friday 17 February 2012

The Paper Players Design Team Call

I'm feeling a bit excited and nervous today as one of my favourite inspiration blogs - Paper Players - is having a Design Team Call and I've decided to give it a try.

I've made the decision to play along with more challenges this year and would love the added inspiration of being on a Design Team, having a deadline to work to and communicating with lots of other stampers. And a 3 month stint sounds like the best way to be introduced to Design Team responsibilities.

My name is Ann Craig. (yes it tells you that at the top of the blog but we were asked to include it in the post!)  I have a happy family life and a beautiful family. I am a retired Art Teacher who has always loved creating in a variety of media. It is only in the last 6 years that I've been exposed to stamping and that was after I signed up as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator when it hit the shores of Australia. That was BEFORE  I learned to stamp. I know that's a little backwards, but I could see the amazing opportunities of combining stamping with so many other crafts, and in teaching/sharing with lots of others.

I can't tell you my one favourite technique because I love them all, with a particular leaning towards water-colour, a variety of brayer techniques (usually combined with sponging and masking), collage and using texture in my cards and scrap pages with dry embossing.  So you see I'm rather an eclectic crafter who goes with the flow of what's inspirational at the time. I teach card classes and scrap-booking classes from my home studio and find it very enjoyable designing projects for those classes.

Here are 3 of my projects showing the use of  a variety of techniques.


Collage Card - stamping, mixed media, stitching.

Brayer, Sponging, Masking, Heat Embossing.

Water colour, Sponging, Collage.
So, Until Next Time,

Wish me luck and

Stay Crafty!

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo Ann - way to go! You would be perfect on any Design Team - you are so inspiring and such an amazing artist!! All the best Ann - if you need a reference you know where I am! LOL! Love this project!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I think this would be great fun - keep me on my toes. Can't wait to hear your exciting news - must catch up for a coffee soon. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your art with us Ann!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, thank you for sharing your wonderful and varied cards with us.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Ann! So much wonderful detail! Fingers crossed for you! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your artistic style. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool projects you've shared with us! So glad you tried out--good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for trying out for our Design Team, Ann! I enjoyed looking at your creations and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.