Friday 6 April 2012

Simply Scored Embellishments for Scrap Pages

I'm so excited to have tried the new scoring tool from Stampin' Up! 

- SIMPLY SCORED SCORING TOOL. 

You can find it in our newly released Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue and as you can see one of the prettiest scrap page embellishments is the rosette.

Here is the page I created from my April Classes Scrap Map. 


Each month I design a Scrap Map and provide a page for inspiration for the classes. As usual my page did not completely follow the scrap map, but I am a great believer in going the direction  my page takes me, rather than slavishly following a map.

I've kept the page fairly simple and let the different sized embellishments create some interest. Most of these were prepared for various other projects and it was good to be able to use them up.

The Crumb Cake Flourish was more solid, but was too heavy on the page so I cut some shapes out of the centre and added some small flowers. Small self-adhesive Pearls from Stampin' Up! add texture on selected areas.


I punched along the edge of a 12 inch strip with the PINKING HEARTS BORDER PUNCH before scoring with the SIMPLY SCORED  scoring tool. It makes a very pretty edge to the rosette don't you think? You could use a variety of border punches on these edges and get a different result every time. 


The heart is created by using the MARKER DIRECT TO RUBBER  inking technique, where you colour the rubber stamp with STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS, give a quick huff on the image to moisten the ink and stamp as usual. I love the multi-coloured images and they are so quick to create using this technique. 
If you'd like to win a set of these markers check out my promotion at the top of the Left Hand side bar.


My original idea for this scrap map was to include a lot more journaling on the page, but it ended up being hidden behind the photo. You can just see the Vellum Tag with Vanilla Seam Binding at the top of the large rosette...

and here it is pulled out a little further.


Hope you like the page - my little grand daughter is so funny with all her faces and quirks, that she is a joy to use as subject matter. 

If you would like to learn more about the SIMPLY SCORED SCORING TOOL  from Stampin' Up! or how to create your own Scrap Pages using embellishments made with this product, please contact me via my Demonstrator Business Web Site

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.