Friday 6 April 2012

Watercolour Easter Images for Cards

I had a bit of fun this week creating some cute little Easter Cards using one of my favourite techniques - WATER-COLOURING.

I really love using the watercolour paper from Stampin' Up! The quality is excellent and it allows you to quickly colour the images and obtain lovely colours ranging from brights through to subtle colours. It all depends on how much water you add to the colour. 


I also love the additional texture created with the water-colour paper. 

To create the card I used some Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper from the Brights Patterns Collection, Tempting Turquoise card stock to layer onto a Whisper White card base and Pretty In Pink to frame the water-colour paper and greeting.

 Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon completes the embellishments.


 I used a combination of Classic Inks and Stampin' Write Markers as my colour source and applied the colour with an Aqua Painter. This is a very quick technique and enables you to achieve nice variation in colour. I used Jet Black Stazon Ink for the stamped images. 

This is a quick post for a quick card.
If you wish to obtain further information about the technique or where to purchase some of the products please contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website

Hope you all have a very happy and safe Easter Holiday wherever you may be.

Until Next Time,

Stay Crafty



1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet, glad I didn't see this before Easter. But will keep it in mind for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.