Thursday 5 July 2012

Simply Christmas

With more than half the year gone already, you can Simply Score your way to beautiful Christmas cards. I'm well on the way to having my Christmas Cards ready. I hold a Christmas Stamp A Stack every 1st Wednesday of the month, and if numbers exceed spaces the class is repeated the next night. 

This month was no different even tho time is tight due to yet another Interstate trip. I used the Simply Scored scoring tool to create the rosettes out of some of the gorgeous SPECIALTY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER - MOCHA MORNING to form the focus of the first card, then heat embossed the filigree stamp from MIXED BUNCH using gold embossing powder on Early Espresso card.


I tied a little LINEN THREAD  around the central motif that was raised with a STAMPIN DIMENSIONAL.  The paper was punched along the edge before it was scored. This is the easiest way to create an interesting edge.


A strip of BRUSHED GOLD card was dry embossed using the VINTAGE WALLPAPER embossing folder, and the small greeting was punched out using the LARGE OVAL punch.


I enjoyed making this card, but then in my usual fashion, found myself adding all sorts of stamped images to create the next version which I will post tomorrow.

Until next time

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.