Wednesday 19 September 2012

Stampin' Up! Blooming With Kindness

I have a quick card post for you today with a lovely card made from the BLOOMING WITH KINDNESS (p. 87) set from the Stampin' Up! Catalogue 2012 - 2013. I was very fortunate to receive this set as a gift at the Managers Meeting at our annual Stampin' Up! Convention in May this year, and admit to putting it aside for a while. Now I can't stop using it!

Recently I had an embossing workshop and I thought this large floral image would be perfect to show off the Emboss Resist technique.


I'm delighted with the result and love the simplicity of this card. 
I started with a card made from WHISPER WHITE (sorry the lighting is poor) card stock and added an ELEGANT EGGPLANT mat. I've use some patterned paper from the gorgeous TWITTERPATED DSP (p. 165 of the catalogue) All you do is ink up the stamp with VERSA MARK  ink and stamp directly onto the patterned paper. Then add CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, and heat with the HEAT TOOL until the powder melts.


I used BAJA BREEZE and ELEGANT EGGPLANT  ink to highlight the image. Apply the Baja first, then select areas that you'd like to emphasise more and sponge on some Eggplant . 

I pierced a couple of holes through the top layer of the card and threaded through some LINEN THREAD with the TINY TAG attached.
The detail shows the pattern of the paper peeking through  the clear embossing.

If you'd like further information on the technique or on any of the Stampin' Up! products used, please contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty & Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.