Saturday 15 December 2012

Stamped Christmas Shortbread

Stampin' Up! keep coming up with fun things to do for all ages, and one of the things my grandson loves is stamping with the Sweet Pressed Cookie stamps. He asked me to bake some, or at least help him to bake some shortbread for his pre-school teachers, so on our regular Friday after swimming class we made these tasty treats.



 We used his great grandma's recipe which is a favourite in our family and stamped both the snowflake image (pictured) and a heart image onto the cookies before they went into the oven.



 Of course they had to be packaged in a festive manner, and we chose some of the gusseted cellophane bags from Stampin' Up!
The tags were made using Naturals White card stock, Early Espresso ink and the lovely Hostess only stamp set "Christmas Wishes". This set is just perfect for making tags.


I tied the tags with some Vanilla ribbon that was attached to large bows made from the Scalloped Border Tulle - Cherry Cobbler. I find this wonderful for decorating bags, presents, cards - in fact most things. It is really adaptable and so easy to use.



The bags decorated the base of one of my small Christmas trees- the dining room tree - until it was time to head off to the concert and give the gifts to the teachers. 

If you'd like more information on the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps you can find them on page 15 of the Holiday Catalogue and the "Holidays" range is only available until January 31st.

Until next time,

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.