Friday 11 January 2013

Scrap A Canvas - Vintage Style

Over the last couple of years I've really started to love scrapping photos and now that our family has the addition of a cute little granddaughter - scrapping has become even easier. Sometimes I like to go beyond the confinement of a page and I thought a canvas would be great to show off this photo taken on our 40th Anniversary celebration cruise. 






I used Stampin' Up! patterned papers for the background elements and a variety of punches to create the flowers. I also used embossing folders for texture, and Framelit dies from Stampin' Up! for interesting background shapes.


 I love the effect obtained by sponging ink onto an embossing folder before running it through my Big Shot. The Stripes folder is great - it gives some wonderful texture, pre-inks easily and additional sponging on the edges helps to create a Vintage look. 
Paper piercing is another great technique. One that can be used purely for decoration (as I've done on the Labels Collection Framelit Die (from Stampin' Up!)  or as a guide for stitching (see below)



I prefer to make my own flowers from card stock - these were quick and easy to create by punching shapes, scrunching them up, sponging the edges with Soft Suede ink from Stampin' Up! and then piercing the centres with brads.  The leaf stamp is from the "French Foliage" set and to give a little dimension I just folded it down the centre, sponged the spine and edges and attached to the canvas with hot glue.

This canvas is created for the following challenges:
Frilly and Funky Challenge Vintage - anything goes - follow your muse - 
to scrap more of the photos from our cruise to the Caribbean and visit to Disney World -Animal Kingdom Resort, Florida, so that they are on show rather than hidden in a book. 
Creative Bloggers Challenge Network   monochromatic 
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge-PWC240     brads 
Stampotique DesignersChallenge SDC82       Die Cuts and Punches 
Make It Monday #122  - Always anything goes
Inky Chicks Challenge 1  - Anything goes

7 comments:

  1. Awwwwh, how cute is she! Beautiful layout here Ann - love your soft colour choices. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie this time. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am over the moon with this LO on canvas. She is just precious and what you've done to embellish around her is gorgeous. I love your vintage style and inking the embossing folder was a terrific idea. Your handmade flowers are simply spectacular as well. Beautiful creation here. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and very sweet. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! So pretty. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, I have just spent a delightful morning browsing your blog, and enjoying every masterpiece you have created. Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us. I have become your newest follower! thanks again for inspiring me today, hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, thanks for the kind words. I really love my stamping and papercraft and appreciate all the input I can get. I popped over to your blog and love the freedom and happiness it presents - good on you! I have become a follower of you too. Best Wishes from not so sunny Canberra, Ann.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.