Thursday 28 March 2013

Vanilla Scented Embossing Powder

I had a request for Mother's Day Cards for my last Stamp A Stack class, and decided to add a little "something extra" to the usual floral offerings for Mother's Day. 

That came in the form of Vanilla Scented Embossing Powder by Stampin' Up!® and I've used it to emboss the pretty image from the Mixed Bunch Stamp Set that has become the focal point of the card. 


You can see the lovely sheen achieved from the tonal embossing and the scent is subtle and pleasant. I added a single flower from the Flower Trim in the Seasonal Catalogue and adhered it to the centre of the flower with Tombow Glue. 

The flower has been punched out using the Blossom Punch then little cuts were extended toward the centre of the flower. This allows easier curling of the petals with a Bone Folder.

The finished card used 2 Embossing Folders: Lacy Brocade and Stripes, and an Edgelit accent: Finishing Touches.


The greeting is stamped in Crumb Cake ink and this is reflected in the Linen Thread tie below the flower. 

I'm looking forward to giving this to my mum for Mother's Day - I think she will like it.

If you'd like to purchase any of the products used to make this card you can easily do so by visiting my On-Line Store. Create an account and have fun shopping. I know you are going to love this new feature. Each of the products highlighted will take you directly to the page in the relevant catalogue, so you can see them before deciding to purchase.

Until Next Time

Happy Stamping



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.