Friday 3 May 2013

ATC's - Delightful Little Pieces of Art Using Stampin Up Products

Let myself go a little last night and used some retired Stampin' Up!® stamps to create some ATC's for a swap. The topic is "Things With Wings" and I have some gorgeous, very old stamps that just flashed into my mind. 

ATC's are tiny little swap cards - little bits of art that crafters swap and collect. 
They measure 3 and 1/2 x 2 and 1/2 inches, so are quick to create. 

I wanted to create something colourful, with a bit of texture and drama, so envisaged the colour scheme and hoped that I'd got it right as I was making 9 of these little fellas. 
Here is the finished product using heat embossing, sponging, stampin' off and hand colouring techniques. 


The colours are a little faded in this picture, but you get the idea. 

After stamping the butterfly image with Versa Mark and heat embossing with black embossing powder, I built up layers of sponged colour (starting with the lightest - yellow). Then I stamped the leaves from French Foliage over the top around the perimeter of the card. Finally I added some Melon Mambo with a Stampin Write Marker and blended it a little with an Aqua Painter.

So much fun  - my fingers were covered in ink, but it was nice to create something just for the sake of it.

Once again I reverted to using the most versatile stamp set I own - French Foliage by Stampin' Up! You can find it on p. 86 of the Annual Catalogue and if you see anything else in there you want you can place an on-line order via my Demonstrator website. All you need to do is select the SHOP NOW  button in the top right hand corner and your products will be sent to your doorstep. 
24/7 shopping is handy and if you are like me you'll enjoy the convenience of shopping when you feel like it.

Until Next Time,

Stay Crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.