Thursday 4 July 2013

Cascade Cards with Stampin Up Designer Series Papers.

 Recently, I was asked to teach the making of a Cascade Card - a card that would be suitable for a special occasion birthday, and this is what I came up with. As you can see this is not a Birthday Card, but could easily translate to being one with different greeting stamps.




Isn't it lovely how well all the different patterns from one pack of Stampin' Up!® Designer Series Paper  coordinate together? 
Apart from a little trouble working out the dimensions of the folds and cuts, this card is a joy to make. It provides so much scope for decorative expression and use of a combination of stamps, papers and die cut shapes. I'll be making lots more of these!




 Many of the samples I've seen have loads of additions on all the panels, but I quite like the focus being on the front panel and allowing the patterns in the papers to provide a compliment to the focal point. This gives scope for the addition of a gift card, or maybe a tag or two with special messages placed between the folds. Your imagination is the only limitation!

And here is a detail of the front panel. I used a (now) retired pack of Designer Series Paper, but you can find a similar pack in our new Annual Catalogue. It is called Afternoon Picnic and is on page 151.




I will be teaching this style of card in my Make and Take class at the Canberra Craft Fair - August 8th - 11th. We will be on Booth i 13, and for those of you who have visited us in previous years, you'll find us in the same position as usual.

So why don't you pop along to our booth and register for one of our the classes? You will also learn how to create a Flip Card, receive an instruction booklet to take home with you plus an additional kit of each style card so you'll be able to create more after the Craft Fair. 

As usual we'll have some pretty good Craft Fair specials, but you'll have to visit us to find out what they are! Come along with your product and technique questions too and we'll help you with those. We'll have good supplies of the new Stampin' Up!® Annual Catalogue and you can pick one up for an excellent price. 

Hope to see you at the Fair

Until then 

Stay Crafty



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.