Thursday 4 July 2013

Stampin' Up! a Pile of Cards for Ronald MacDonald House

As a company Stampin' Up! invites  it's demonstrators to participate in the Community to "Make a Difference". One way we can do this is to be involved with our local Ronald MacDonald House. I hosted a lovely day this past weekend where friends gathered to create cards, enjoy each others company and raise much needed funds for RMHC.

I delivered the cards and cash today and had a lovely tour of the facility whilst meeting with the very friendly and delightful staff. The staff loved the 34 cards and the cash will contribute to purchasing a new vacuum cleaner - not just any vacuum - it is a Dyson!
I am going to enjoy this association!

Here are some samples of the cards we donated. They had to be fairly simple as each session was just 2 hours  and we had to complete 6 cards plus enjoy a Devonshire tea.





The first 2 cards  are in the Gate-fold style. Lots of fun to make and quite quick to assemble. Designer Series Papers create pretty panels and the Big Shot Window Frames Collection Framelits is wonderful for creating frames and shapes for the main focus of the card.



It's easy to change the look of the card, simply by changing the paper patterns and the embossed patterns.




This is a gorgeous card idea I cased from Brandy Cox
I stamped these in Basic Black and Elegant Eggplant, then topped them with a little bling. These cards, using the Delicate Doilies Stamp set from Stampin' Up! could be stamped in any colour you choose - just change the greeting and you have a card for a different occasion.

And the final design uses the lovely Serene Silhouettes stamp set by Stampin' Up! and some Designer Series papers. The Ovals framelits again make framing the focal shape a snap and a little Crochet Trim hides the join between the 2 papers. 





Thanks to all the girls who joined me on the weekend - it was fun and your participation is much appreciated.

If you would like to be involved in the next Stamping Get Together to benefit Ronald MacDonald House in Canberra, you can contact me via my website and you can order any Stampin' Up!® products via my on-line store. Check it out now to see all the new items from our newly released Annual Catalogue.

Until Next Time

Happy Stamping


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.