Wednesday 28 August 2013

Soho Subway Fathers Day Card

Today I have one of the cards we are making for Fathers Day Card Class tonight. I've done very little stamping on this one (love my stamping but sometimes it takes more time than I have) and instead have used some of the gorgeous papers from the Soho Subway Designer Series Papers by Stampin' Up!



My Big Shot featured a lot in this card too. Don't you just love how it is so versatile - textures, shapes almost anything you want to step your card up, and even make a gorgeous liner for the Stampin' Up@ envelopes.

The card base is Soft Suede and it is covered with another piece of Soft Suede that has been embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing folder. Next the Deco Labels Framelits add a perfect focal point to draw the eye to the greeting. You'll find that stamp in the "Delightful Dozen" stamp set on page 27 of the Annual Catalogue or you can view all these items plus the My Digital Studio downloads at my on-line ordering store

I've also used Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke card stock and they all have Soft Suede sponged around the edges. The Soho Subway paper is cut into 2.5cm strips and the "V" at the end is created with the 1" square punch. Finish off with your choice of brad from the Antique Brads collection from Stampin' Up!


The greeting is stamped in Early Espresso ink as I like to use darker colours for any words I stamp, and you can just see a glimpse of one of our new products - Envelope Liners Framelits Dies. They create a lovely finish for your envelope and a very easy to use.

I'll post the other card shortly.

I think these cards would be great for any male occasion - a Birthday - friend etc. All you need to do is change the greeting.


Until Next Time

Stay Crafty



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.