Thursday 3 July 2014

Gorgeous Grunge With A Beautiful Flower - Cards For Any Reason.

I'm a big fan of monotone cards and flowers and the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set from Stampin' Up!, so I found it lots of fun to create this set of cards for one of my recent classes.

Texture, sponging and stamping combine to create these cards and they were quite quick to pull together. We used a variety of texture folders for the background of each card, choosing the pattern depending on whether the card was landscape or portrait in orientation. 

The flower image is from "Blooming With Kindness" and you can find it on page 56 in Stampin' Up!'s new 2014 - 15  Annual Catalogue


I also like the banner idea but found the plain banner behind this magnificent flower was too stark, so out came the "Gorgeous Grunge" combined with a little selective stamping off and the result was just what I was after.


You can see the Modern Mosaic Embossing folder I chose for this portrait style card. I love how it mirrors the shape of the Window Frames Collection Framelits.

And here you can see the 3 cards in different colours.


The colours we used were Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy and Elegant Eggplant - 3 of the Regals colours from the Stampin' Up! range. It is easy enough to add a greeting on the front or the inside of these cards, but as I made them purely for the joy of making, I left them without greetings at this stage.

Until Next Time

Happy Crafting



1 comment:

  1. Love this card! You have inspired my creativity and I will definitely be trying this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.