Sunday 25 January 2015

I Love Using Different Techniques When Stamping.

Tonight I've been preparing for our annual Australia Day picnic. This is something we have done every year with friends since 1988. We head down to Lake Burleigh Griffin for breakfast and enjoy the beautiful Canberra sights and morning festivities that come with Australia Day. It is wonderful living in the Nations Capital - we are very lucky and thankful. Now, however, it is time I caught up with some posts on my recent creative exploits.

This year I've started a  monthly Techniques Class, and I'm really enjoying trying out many new techniques and revisiting some that I've used over and over again. We had our first class in January and because I had a group with mixed experience I decided to show a couple of techniques using MASKING  methods. 

The first sample was the traditional paper masking using a sticky note.


The idea of the class is to try out the techniques, keep a record of them and then try them out on cards or other projects. The birds from A HAPPY THING  stamp set - one of the free offering in the Sale A Bration catalogue make a great little duo sitting on the branch. They have been coloured using Blendabilities.

The second technique is fun and gives a different finish. I think it works well for children's cards, so I chose this set from the new Occassions Catalogue.
The image is part of a set named HEY VALENTINE, but it becomes a terrific set for a young person when you mask off the greeting. 

The image is stamped and coloured with Blendabilities, then covered with Versa Mark using a Versa Marker pen. Clear embossing powder is heated over the top and then background colour is sponged over the image. I love how I got little bits of colour in areas where the embossing did not take, and this is a great way to add an interesting background. The background is sponged on and then the image is buffed with a tissue. 

I hope you'll enjoy these technique posts

Thanks for visiting



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.