Sunday 8 March 2015

Embossed and Masked Christmas Cards

I love so many of the techniques that can be used with stamping and one that I find offers  enormous scope for creative interpretation is Masking. Stampin' Up! has a wide selection of Punches and Framelits that make creating a Mask a very easy activity.

I prefer to use the Framelit dies for creating a mask as they can be placed in any position, allowing you to have a mask that covers your entire card front, with the negative shape just where you want it.








I used the Stars Framelit Collection, the Circles Framelit Collection and the Banners Framelit Collection to create the masks on sheets of Whisper White card that was cut to measure 10.5 cm x 15.0 cm.
Starting with Pear Pizzazz, I selectively sponged ink onto the areas I wanted. then I added some Pool Party Ink and finally some Wisteria Wonder ink. These colours are soft but still Chrismassy.

The next step is to add images. I stamped select images using Wisteria Wonder Classic ink to create a shadow for the final images then I dusted the entire inked surface with the Embossing Buddy before stamping with Versa Mark. I chose this simple set of snowflakes from the "Endless Wishes" stamp set by Stampin' Up! and heat embossed them in silver.


The silver really "pops" with the other colour just slightly showing and the card was finished simply with some silver rhinestones from Stampin' Up! and a greeting. 

These cards would look great using other colour combinations. What do you think?
Hope you enjoy them.

If you would like to re create these cards you can  securely purchase most of the products via my on-line store
The items will be delivered to your home by parcel post.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.