Tuesday 24 May 2016

Stampin Up Grand Vacation Mediterranean Swaps

When you read this post I will already be on the beautiful Norwegian Epic sailing towards Italy from Barcelona, and then onto France and back to Barcelona. And this is all thanks to the wonderful company I work for - Stampin' Up! 

One of the traditions of these Grand Vacations is for demonstrators from around the world, who have achieved the GV, to create swaps so that we can all share our ideas. It is amazing how different the ideas can be using products from the Stampin' Up! catalogues, and it is fun trying to design something a little different.

This year I took my cue from one of our new products - the adhesive strips. They will be in the new Annual Catalogue that starts June 1st, and they indicate to me that Shaker Cards are going to be one of the "in" styles for the next season. Shaker cards are lots of fun, and of course can take on many styles - my card is somewhat traditional, and uses a number of different techniques and products. 

This is what I designed.




My colour choices for the background are, Bermuda Bay, Wisteria Wonder and Blushing Bride. This is a combination chosen by my 4 year old grand daughter one day when we were playing around with the Shaving Cream technique. I loved her choices so used them as the basis for my card.

The technique I used for the stamped image is the Marker direct to Rubber technique, where I used the brush end of my Stampin Up Markers to colour directly onto the stamp. It is such a fun technique and I love the serendipity of not knowing exactly how it will turn out. My aim was to create a bit of dimension in the flower using the same 3 colours plus Elegant Eggplant. You can see this in the detail photo below.




Of course for a Shaker Card you need some dimension and this is where the fabulous new Foam Adhesive Strips come in so handy. They are flexible so you can shape them in a variety of ways, and they are just perfect for shaker cards. You can find them on page 182 of the new Annual Catalogue. I created the little heart shaker pieces using the Confetti Hearts Border punch on Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and Bermuda Bay card stock. Love this result against the marbled background.

The flower image is from the lovely Butterfly Basics stamp set, and I think I'm just a teeny bit crazy stamping and fussy cutting 27 of these cards. However I'm pleased that the result is what I was looking for when placed over some window sheet.

Finally the greeting and banner stamp are from a lovely and very versatile new stamp set named Thoughtful Banners, and as good management would have it, there is a coordinating punch that cuts these banners out perfectly. It is so easy to place the words on the banner too, as this is a photopolymer set that enables easy alignment.

I can't wait to swap with my fellow demonstrators and look forward to sharing pictures of some of those swaps with you.

Remember you can start ordering from the new Annual Catalogue on June 1st and although I will still be overseas, if you just can't wait for new products you can use my on-line store to order your products from June 1st, 2016 onwards. 

Happy Crafting



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.