Sunday 17 March 2019

Handmade Flower Tree With Stampin' Up! Cardstock.

Making paper flowers with Stampin' Up! card stock is easy and very effective. One of the reasons being that the card stock is the same colour throughout and therefor easy to split to create a lovely soft medium to work with. In a couple of weeks I am having classes to show other crafters how to make these decorative trees. They are time consuming but so beautiful when complete.

Here is a sample of some of the flowers I made from simple punched shapes.



I used 5 different colours for the flowers: Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Merry Merlot and Vanilla.
I also used 2 retired punches and a die for the flowers, but you could use any scalloped punch. You'll just need 2 different sizes.

Probably the most tedious of the tasks is punching out the flowers, as you need 3 punched shapes for each flower. And my tree is 50 cm high - that means a lot of flowers. The shapes then need to be softened with a Bone Folder in order to split the paper. It is important to use good quality Stampin' Up! card stock so that the colour is retained through the core of the card. 


I ran a 2 part workshop on this project and the ladies loved it. Each person was able to choose their own colours. Part one was giving out the kits, demonstrating how to make the flowers, getting started on the flower making and enjoying some crafting time together. Then part 2 (2 weeks later) included homework of covering the foam base and completing the flower making, saw us all create our beautiful trees.

 

I loved the colours that were chosen so have included some photos of the various trees during construction (with permission of the creators!)


And here is my finished product. Some of the ladies took the tree a step further by hollowing out the base of the cone and inserting battery light systems. Gorgeous for any table decoration plus can't wait for Christmas to come around again as these will be beautiful.


Some of the embellishments I bought in New York on my USA trip last year when I attended the Stampin Up 30th Anniversary On Stage Event in Orlando. I love the opportunities that have come my way through Stampin' Up! including lots of travel.

Now is a wonderful time to join Stampin' Up! so if you would like to start a home business doing what you love, or simply get a great discount on your own  purchases. Take a look at the super offer during Sale-A-Bration 2019 . $80 more free product than usual, but you need to act before March 31, 2019. Contact me if you'd like further information or  join on-line.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the variety of colour combinations and the method for making these decorative trees. I've started on my second one and I know one of the workshop participants has already finished her second one - they an become quite addictive and of course you can use any sort of flower that you make. 

Until next time,

Stay Crafty!

                           

 




1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely lovely!! What die did you use for the flowers? I would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.