Friday 21 June 2019

To A Wild Rose Friendship Card

To A Wild Rose stamp set caught my eye as I was browsing through the 2019-20 Annual Catalogue by Stampin' Up! 
It has the qualities of a "distinktive" stamp and the added bonus of being a 3 step stamp. 
How does a "distinktive" stamp differ to our regular stamps? The answer is they create different opacities in a single stamped image and therefor you achieve images with realistic depth and intensity. 
The "To A Wild Rose" set is photopolymer  meaning it can easily be aligned for 3 step stamping, or you can use the Stamparutus stamp positioning tool to make it easy. 


 Something else to help make card making easier is that this set comes with coordinating dies - Wild Rose dies, and you can save 10% by ordering the bundle.

I tried a few different colour combinations for the rose image and the card I'm showing today uses Blackberry Bliss and Purple Posy inks. 
I like to start with the outline stamp using the darkest colour - Blackberry Bliss. For the second stamp I again used Blackberry Bliss, but I stamped it lightly on scrap paper first before aligning and stamping onto the outline image. Next comes the lightest colour that is used on the stamp that is the solid shape of the flower. I used Purple Posy from the new 2019 - 2020 In Color range. 



Have you tried the new Crackle background stamp? It is so versatile and I find it really easy to achieve the results I want by using these very large stamps on the Stamparatus. As I wanted a light image I stamped off on a scrap of paper and then pressed  unevenly on the stamparatus to achieve an uneven image. A little soft sponging followed by stamping and stamping off the solid leaf images, and the background is complete.




To finish the card I used some Purple Posy Scalloped Linen Ribbon, some Linen Thread and layered the cut shapes with dimensionals. The card front was then adhered to a Thick Whisper White card base.


Think of all the different colours you could create this lovely Wild Rose and make up some cards. You can use them for any occasion simply by changing the greeting and colours.

If you would like to purchase any of these products you may do so via my On-line Store  Check out all the products I used in the listing below and simply click on any product of interest to visit the store and find out more information. 

Until Next Time
Happy Crafting

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.