Thursday 3 October 2019

Simple Stamping Techniques Blog Hop - Christmas Decoration


Hello and thanks for joining us again this month for another fun Simple Stamping Techniques blog Hop.
This month we are showing you some simple Christmas decorations that you'll be able to make using Stampin' Up! products and I have chosen an ornament that I enjoy making for a number of reasons. 
1. You get 4 large ornaments from 1 sheet of 12 x 12 inch Designer Series Paper so they are economical. 
2. They can easily be made in a variety of sizes. I like to make Large (6 inches square)  Medium (4 inches square) and Small (3 inches square) to give variety when hanging them in a group. 
3. You can decorate them up to create really sparkly ornaments or keep them relatively plain for a more rustic result. 

Today I have used the beautiful "Feels Like Frost" 6 x 6 inch DSP that is available in the Holiday Catalogue. These papers have beautiful colours on one side and Silver foil designs on the other side, and although many of them have photographic images they look awesome when cut up into 1/2 inch strips.



 Both sides of the paper will show on the finished ornament, and it is easier to create if each side is distinctly different. You can change the look of the ornament by completing each side with a dominate pattern, or you can alternate the patterns on the one side. Experimenting with this is fun and you'll be amazed at the variety you can achieve using the same paper each time. 



And here is the finished project with some embellishment in the centres.


You can see a quick video with steps on how to make these ornaments on my You-tube Channel

  As I mentioned earlier you can use many different styles of paper for these ornaments. If you prefer the rustic look, simply use wood grain paper for a very different look.



I hope you've enjoyed these ideas for this style of ornament, and that you'll have a try at making some. It doesn't require a lot of time. A list of the products I used follows the blog hop list below, and you can select any of the images to order them from my On-Line Store.

Best Wishes and Happy Crafting


We only have a small hope this month, but that gives you no excuse not to try all the ornaments!!
Let us know how you go.....


·       Ann Craig - Australia





Product List

1 comment:

  1. Knowing how you love Christmas Decorations I was wondering which you were going to do today! I love these! Love them in the Feels like Frost papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.