Tuesday 4 May 2021

Dragonfly Garden Creative Technique

 Dragonfly Garden by Stampin' Up!® is a whimsical stamp set that can be used in many ways.


 

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

Today I have combined an image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set with a technique that creates a somewhat uncontrolled background. I love trying this type of technique as you never quite know what you are going to end up with. 

The technique is quite simple - you only need the following supplies.

Stampin' Blends (suggest 3 colours - 1 light, 1 medium and 1 dark)
Window Sheet or large Clear Block
Alcohol spray (Isocol works)
Spritzer
Thick Basic White card

Method:
Scribble the colours randomly on the window sheet or block
Spray liberally with alcohol
Press card onto window sheet
let dry.
Stamp image with Jet Black Memento ink 
Add a few highlights with the White Stampin' Chalk Marker
 

  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

I always do a few of these at the one time. Experiment with your colour combinations - we all have different favourites and this gives you some wonderful creative options.

You can shop the products required by selecting each of the images below

Have some fun with this technique that will compliment many of your stamp sets.
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.