Wednesday 1 December 2021

It's in the Bag - Gingerbread & Peppermint - Freshly Brewed Projects


 Hello and a warm welcome to another Freshly Brewed Projects Blog Hop.

Today we are showing you some creative ways to use packaging available from Stampin' Up! or in my case, I'll show you a quick and easy little gift bag to create using Designer Series Papers.

I decided to use the very cute Gingerbread and Peppermint 6 x 6 inch DSP as it is already cut to the size I wanted and it has such a wonderful variety of patterns and designs. The really great news is if you live in Australia, and you are quick, you can get this set of papers for 30% discount from December 1, 2021.


  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

You can see the lovely patterns and the images fit with some of the dies, making them quick and easy to use as decorations. 
This little bag folds flat for convenient storage too, so it is possible to make a few at a time so you have them ready for all occasions.
 
 I made the first bag very simply. 
Trim an A4 piece of card stock down to 11 x 8 inches. I used inches as that is how the DSP measures. Then cut another piece in the same colour - 6 x 21/2 inches.
Score this at 1/2 inch. See photo for all other measurements.
 

 Fold on all score lines.
Add DSP to the 1/2 inch scored area on the 6 x 2/12  piece, with the front of the DSP facing towards you. This forms the front of the bag plus the reinforced base of the bag. 
Check out this quick video to see the remainder of the construction. 

 

 I used the Gingerbread & Peppermint Memories & More Card Pack for the greeting and embellished it with a die cut from one of the DSP pieces. No stamping in this one!
Here are a couple of stepped up samples showing some different designs from the DSP.
 

 
  Images copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990 -2022

These little bags are perfect for many occasions and have plenty of space to hold gifts. 
Making your own packaging is fun and rewarding and you can be sure it will be unique to your style. You can find a list of all the products I used below, but first you should take a look at what the other ladies have done for their packaging projects.
 
 

·       Narelle Fasulo

·       Ann Craig

·       Leonie Schroder

 
Remember we have a Last Chance sale starting on December 1. Check out the bargains and be ready to order quickly as many things will sell out fast.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.